Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Me on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles



My trip to Sri Lanka was designed to be a reportage drawing journey.  I was to visit lots of places, talk to people, watch the world go by, and paint as I went.  I took a (flipping heavy) moleskine watercolour A4 hardback book to keep a track of everything as I went, and chose a selection of different styles to work in en-route.  This gave the finished project an interesting, hotchpotch feel to it, and is a method that I'm going to employ in future travel journals.  What I noticed and enjoyed most about this method of travel is that it's very easy to meet people, everyone wants to know you, and despite being a solitary experience, it's very sociable too.  I recommend it to everyone. 











0 comments :

 

Copyright 2013 Rory Walker | +44 (0) 7855718812 All Rights Reserved.